Yorkshire Building Society recognises the importance of providing a website that can be used by the widest possible audience in a variety of ways. Building a website which is accessible by everyone is our ongoing commitment.
We regularly review the design and layout of our branches and where planning permission allows we improve access to make it as easy as possible. Our branch staff are informed and sensitive to disability issues, and services include hearing induction loops, magnifiers, passbook identification stickers in Braille.
Most branches include:
- Staff who are informed and sensitive to disability issues
- Level access or wheelchair ramps or assistance buttons at entrance
- Power assisted entrance doors
- Hearing aid induction loops
- Sign-language interpreters by appointment
- The ability to request account correspondence and marketing literature in alternative formats
Customers with mobility difficulties
We regularly review the design and layout of our branches and where planning permission allows we improve access to make it as easy as possible.
Blind & partially sighted customers
All our branches provide or can provide on request:
- Passbook identification stickers in Braille
- Different colour paper used for correspondence for those with light sensitivity issues
- Correspondence, marketing materials and literature in alternative formats such as Braille, large print and audio.
We can also provide large print stationery for postal accounts. Once a member has declared their requirements for literature in an alternative format, all future correspondence will be sent in that format. (With the exception of mailings which can be provided upon request.)
Deaf, hearing impaired and speech impaired customers
- All branches have one counter position with an induction loop that is clearly indicated
- Sign language (BSL) interpreters, lipspeakers, speech-to-text reporters and deaf-blind interpreters can be arranged by appointment
- Text-phone (mini-com) users can speak directly to our member contact centre at Head Office on 0345 1200 851*